Friday, September 01, 2006

Up Dog

So I'm climbing up at the Pipe Dream with a guy named Guy. He in his 40's climbs 6 months a year and is working a 14a called Millenium. On this day, I was working out Beta on a 12c called orgasmo. Pretty fun climb climb with 3 distinct bouldery cruxes. I wish I could say it had rests in between the cruxes, but it doesn't really. Once I get the hard parts dialed, the redpoint crux will be fighting the burn on the 5.11 to the anchors. There is one notorius huge sloper cobble (think big brain hold in the gym) that you have to match on. Her name is Bertha. Bertha will spit me off.
I was in between burns, eating some nourishing Chef Bouyardee Ravioli (and kind of ashamed of it) when one of the people climbing up there, a woman from Boise, walks up to me and says "Are you eating up dog?" Now, i hadn't really spoken to this woman yet, so I was sort of caught off guard and a little ashamed of my ghetto snack, so I reply: "huh?" She repeats herself: "Is that up dog that you are eating?" I sit there and think for a minute and then reply: "What's up dog?" She looks at me in the eye, shrugs her shoulders and says: "Nothing, what's up with you, dog?" then walks away. I laughed pretty hard. All was friendly in the Pipe Dream for the rest of the day.

2 comments:

  1. Right on dog!! Was Guy's last name Pinjuab? (not sure on the spelling...pronounced pin-you-ve) If it is and you see him again...tell him Gavin said hello. Just remember to squeeze the juice out of Bertha when you get your grips on her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dog days of summer?

    ReplyDelete

We check the comments a lot and love to hear from you, so leave a note.