Friday, November 20, 2009

a 2 hour haircut


Normally, when it comes to cutting my hair, I view this as a necessary evil in my life and attempt to get it done as quickly as possible. In fact, I purposefully choose a barber shop in seattle, Magnolia Barber, where the women that cut hair don't really speak english so that I can get in and out of there without having to say much. It's nothing against the people who cut my hair, its just one of those things that I have never felt comfortable doing.

However, the haircutting experience in Thailand is a whole different thing. Here, getting your hair cut is only a small part of the experience. Yesterday, I went and got the detox and hair cut. The detox is essentially a 1 hour shampooing of my hair/ scalp. I lied there (still slightly jet lagged) for and hour as a woman massaged and rubbed my scalp and neck into pure bliss. These pictures are of my friends Josh and Cacci also getting the same treatment.

After that, they dry your hair, and rub down your shoulders for 15 minutes. Then, a guy comes and cuts my hair which takes around 1/2 hour, and then it is followed by a final shampooing (and massage). All this costs... 20 dollars. Worth the price of the flight. Why can't we get this kind of service in the states? I might actually look forward to a hair cut.

2 comments:

  1. This sounds fantastic! What are the magic words I use to ask for this? All I get is a good scrub when they wash my hair, and a blowdry. Only 80 baht, sure, but I think just once I'd like to try the full experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for this wondrous post, I am glad I observed this website on yahoo. تكلفة زراعة الشعر في تركيا

    ReplyDelete

We check the comments a lot and love to hear from you, so leave a note.