Thursday, November 02, 2006

It got even colder at Smith

8 degrees Fahrenheit to be exact. It sort of froze everything.

Fortunately, we stayed on our friends' floor those two nights... not that the van wouldn't have kept us warm, but going to the bathroom in the middle of the night wouldn't have been too enjoyable. However, it was generally sunny during the day so the temps would warm up a little. In fact, I think I may have taken off my down coat when I climbed yesterday, but only while I was climbing.
Then the clouds moved in. We heard the pitter-patter of rain on the van last night which encouraged us to sleep in until 9, read harry potter out loud, watch an episode of Alias, and finally break camp at 12:30. That pretty much turned today into a rest day. I went for a jog around Smith (stared at the backbone of the monkey in awe) and here I am in front of a computer at the local Yerba Mate cafe, Santiagos. What sucks is that the forecast for the next week or so is "mostly cloudy with a chance of rain." This is the fall smith that we know so well: wear your down, climb on cold rock, send lots of projects because the rock is super tacky, use heater packs in your chalk bag, hope it doesn't rain or snow, and admit that summer really is over.

That would be a major bummer if we weren't headed to Thailand in 2 weeks!

Below are some links to photos from last weekend. We had a large posse from Seattle come down and siege trout creek. Now... I have to admit that I am currently not so fond of crack climbing, but I had a good old time hanging out with the folks for a weekend. Tim even has some photos of me taking a few falls on Latest Rage at smith. I was trying to get used to falling again, and heh, I might as well have tim take pictures while I do it.

  • Tim Matsui's photos

  • Andreas' photos


  • That's about it for now. Hopefully the weather stays climbable.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    We check the comments a lot and love to hear from you, so leave a note.