Tuesday, January 04, 2011

You can't fix a bathroom in Jamaica, apparently

Just a quick post saying we made it safely to Colombia last night. We are staying at a super cute colonial hotel in the old part of Cali. It is around 75 degrees and overcast here.

But the real story has to do with bathrooms.

We get on our flight from Miami to Cali, Colombia at 5:30 pm and take off without incident. The movie comes on, I pop in my headphones and watch the thing in a sleepy daze. About 1 hour into the flight, the flight crew comes on and says "You may have noticed, but all of the bathrooms on this plane appear to not be working. We are trying to fix them, but we may have to divert."
About 15 minutes later: "Looks like we can't fix them so we are going to land in Jamaica and see what can be done."
5 Minutes later: " Jamaica doesn't have the crew to work on these bathroom so we are turning around and heading back to Miami."
Megan instantly pointed out that we were about 1.5 hours into a 3.5 hour flight and that turning around really made no sense because we were pretty much at the half way point.
But turn around we did and back to Miami we went.

After unloading from the plane, finding a new plane, getting back on, and reflying to Cali, we arrived in Cali about 5 hours late- at around 2am.

The good news: I accidentally left my ipod touch on our original Miami/Cali plane. Once I realized my error, the captain actually went over to the old plane, looked around and brought me back my ipod. What a nice Captain.

1 comment:

  1. Wow wow wow! You're on the road again. It seems like no time has passed. I just updated myself on several blog posts. With our disconnect from blogger, we weren't able to keep up with both of you while we were away. It has been great to read your posts and I envy the adventure you have ahead of you. I'll look forward to living vicariously through you. I often look back on our adventures of last year and think "wow... those people were fun." Life seems very different now so enjoy... xoHeather B

    ReplyDelete

We check the comments a lot and love to hear from you, so leave a note.