Friday, January 08, 2010

One day at a time


We finally managed it. Yesterday at 7:08 pm we pulled out of our garage in Ballard, bikes fully loaded and proceeded to do what we will be doing a lot of in the next 6 months. We went to the gas station and filled up our bikes.

There is a strange giddy calmness that overtakes me when I am about to do something new. A lot of things passed through my mind as we went up the ramp and out of our garage.
"The Bike is heavy"
"We are going to do this for 6 months?"
"My ass is going to hurt"
"The bike really is heavy"
"What have we just gotten ourselves into?"
"Do we have the skills to actually make this happen?"
"Everything will be easy until california"
"I can't imagine doing technical riding with a bike this heavy"
"I'll get used to it"
"We just have to make it poulsbo tonight"
"I'm so freakin' excited to be doing this with bubbs (aka Megan)"

And then we pulled out into traffic and we were off.

1 comment:

  1. Why did you guys stop rolling tape right before the triumphant busting through the paper ring on fire thingy? Oh well, I bet it was awesome anyhow.

    Happy travels!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

We check the comments a lot and love to hear from you, so leave a note.