Wednesday, August 29, 2007

I almost bought a new car


Ben and I were walking the streets of Ephraim one afternoon... just passing time, when we came upon a striking 1975 Ford Thunderbird parked on the side of the street. 8 mpg, 7.5 liter V8, 220 Horsepower, all luxury. For sale 1000 dollars.

This being Ephraim, the car was unlocked, so we climbed in and felt all the luxury that the Ford motor company could pour into a car at the time. Green plush seats, Wire thin steering wheel, more space than my Thai house, and plenty of room in the back for all the ladies we were sure to pick up.

We popped the hood just to marvel at how an engineer could possibly fill up all the space on the front end of a vehicle and both had to take a step back. Somehow they filled it. I did, however notice a coffee can with hoses coming in and out of it. Upon closer inspection under the hood I noticed many hoses that just seemed to end. Maybe this was Ford's idea of keeping emissions down (put the nasty exhaust out into the engine compartment, not out the tail pipe), but it seemed a bit fishy to me. An engine like this has power to spare, but I need my hoses to go places.

Crying and in fits, we walked away from the deal. We probably couldn't have made it back to Seattle in this thing, and when it comes down to it, the Eurovan is a bit better to sleep in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We check the comments a lot and love to hear from you, so leave a note.